When I saw my surgeon in September he implied that I may have to have surgery again if I continued to experience the pain and other sensations I’d been feeling since July. I’ve been keeping track of my findings in a log. So far it’s nine pages in total. I have an appointment to see my doctor in the second week of December. At this time, I don’t think I’ll be able to wait the additional three weeks. This week in particular has been a challenge because the pain I’ve experienced on the shunt valve and in other parts of my head (catheter in neck, top of head, etc) have been longer and occur more frequently and sometimes in pairs. It’s beginning to interfere with my concentration. If I still feel this way tomorrow I may have to take a trip to the ER and allow them to figure out what the next step should be. I’m aware of what’s going on inside my head. If a surgical intervention is needed it’s better for it to occur now rather than in December.